A Spa and Wellness Getaway in Princeton
Namaste! Princeton can be a fantastic destination for an unguided spa and wellness getaway if you plan it well. While there are no retreats offered in Princeton, you can still have a wonderful experience here thanks to the numerous day spas, yoga, pilates and fitness studios, and wellness centers in and around town. A spa and wellness getaway will give you a chance to cleanse your mind and body of stress and toxins, while getting pampered a bit. You can go alone, as a couple, or ladies can make it a girlfriend getaway.
Not all spas are created equally. Know what your goal is, figure out your budget, and research what services appeal to you. Below are spas in Princeton, in neighboring towns, and those offering unique services not far from town.
- Amber Spa - Pennington
- AQUASPA Day Spa & Nail Salon - East Brunswick
- Art of Massage Studio – Hopewell
- Bluemercury – Palmer Square
- Classique Beauty – Rocky Hill
- eden organix – Highland Park
- Gentle Healing Wellness Spa – Cranbury
- Onsen For All – Kingston
- Koi Spa – Forrestal Village in Plainsboro
- La Jolie Salon & Spa - Witherspoon Street
- Marriott Princeton Hotel & Spa at Forrestal – Plainsboro
- Metropolis Spa Salon - Princeton Shopping Center
- Mon Visage Day Spa at Princeton Plastic Surgery Associates - State Road
- Princeton Day Spa - State Road
- Salon Facci - West Windsor
- Spa Amadora – Skillman
- Sydney Albert – Windsor Green Shopping Center
- Vallerie European Spa and Holistic Health Spa – Hopewell
- Zanya Spa Salon – Lambertville
Fitness, yoga, and pilates studios are also not created equally. There is something for everyone concerning budget, experience, and goals. These range from studios offering private or semi-private sessions, to massive facilities with the latest technology.
- Fitness – Hotel gyms: Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, The Nassau Inn, The Westin Princeton at Forrestal Village IHRSA Passport Program participants: New York Sports Club** and Gold’s Gym**
- Pilates – Anthony Rabara Pilates Studio of Princeton, Holsome, Onsen for All, New York Sports Club* (Reformer), Princeton Fitness & Wellness Center* (Reformer)
- Qigong - Center for Relaxation & Healing at Plainsboro, Princeton Fitness & Wellness Center*
- Tai Chi – Holsome, Princeton Fitness & Wellness Center*
- Yoga – Four Winds Yoga, Princeton Center for Yoga and Health, Princeton Yoga Above, Holsome, Onsen for All, Center for Relaxation & Healing at Plainsboro, Simply Yoga, Princeton Fitness & Wellness Center*
There are fewer wellness centers than spas or gyms in the area. However, they do offer great services. This includes breathwork, nutrition, workshops and more.
- Volition Wellness Solutions
- Princeton Fitness & Wellness Center*
- Center for Relaxation & Healing at Plainsboro
Here are places that will help silence your mind so you can concentrate.
These eateries serve at least one of the following: local produce, organic foods, hormone and antibiotic free dairy and meats, grass-fed beef, or free-range chickens. These are good places to eat if you’re trying to detox.
- Chambers Walk
- Eno Terra
- On the Bone
- Teresa Caffe
- The Bent Spoon
- The Brothers Moon
- Tre Piani
- Triumph Brewing Company
Take a walk in one of the many nature preserves in Princeton and the surrounding area to be in a more peaceful environment.
- Herrontown Woods
- Institute Woods
- Mountain Lakes Nature Preserve
- Sourland Mountain Ridge Trail
- Stony Brook–Millstone Watershed Reserve
- The Delaware and Raritan Canal—Millstone Valley
- Washington Crossing State Park Trails
* Non-members outside the 25-mile radius can request an extended guest pass. Area non-members can ask for a trial membership.
** IHRSA Passport Program members get a guest pass.